The ideology of the Global Initiative for Sustainable Development of Territorial Entities
Description of the ideological basis for creating a Global Initiative for Territorial Entities
The Global Initiative for Territorial Entities has been developed as a supranational, innovative, high-tech system model that forms the Global Governors Platform for the sustainable development of the territorial entities of the world.
The Global Initiative for Territorial Entities is the initiator of the United Nations Territorial Entities Program.
The basic developments of the Global Initiative for Territorial Entities, Spaces, and Tools of the Global Initiative were based on the principles of independence, consistency, many years of innovative, scientific, and practical work and were carried out from 2009 to 2022.
From 2018, the practical implementation of the Global Initiative for Territorial Entities, the construction of Global Spaces and Initiative Tools began.
Territorial Entities, as part of the Global Initiative for Territorial Entities, are top-level administrative-territorial units, along with autonomous regions and cities of central subordination. Territorial Entities are also considered to be special administrative districts with much greater autonomy.
The Global Initiative for Territorial Entities considers Territorial formations of the upper level as part of a three-tier system model of the world territorial structure and development, in the era of transition to a new technological structure.
World Track First Level is the Intergovernmental Track, which is represented by 193 UN Member States;
The Second Level World Track is initiated by the Territorial Entities Track, represented by regions, states, provinces, cities of central subordination;
The Third Level World Track is the cities and towns represented by the UN-HABITAT Program.
In order to create the World Track of Territorial Entities, the Global Initiative for Territorial Entities is initiating the establishment of the United Nations Program on Territorial Entities, contributing to the creation of the Global Governors Platform, under the UN auspices, a systemic tool for the exchange of innovative practices and successful experience in the management and development of Territorial entities in the world, in order to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The formation of the World Track of Territorial Entities and the establishment of the United Nations Program on Territorial Entities, proposed by the Global Initiative for Territorial Entities, are necessary elements that create the conditions for a harmonious and stable transition to a new technological order. The Track of the Second Level, represented by the Territorial Entities of the upper level, is the main customer, generator, volume consumer, and main transit country of the products of the new technological order.
This is an important innovation for the development of States, territorial entities, and the achievement of the UN SDGs.
The Global Initiative for Territorial Entities and its implementation are a necessary requirement of modern times for the sustainable development of the world.
Territorial Entities are the basis for the sustainable development of any state. According to the results of the work of regional governments, state budgets are formed. The effectiveness of the work of the Governors and governor's teams depends on the development and stability in the countries, the growth of people's well-being, and the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Higher State leadership, in most countries of the world, is doing a lot for the development of Territorial entities. Yet, as a rule, this is not enough.
Most States retain the principle that the central government requires maximum results from regional authorities, but cannot provide the territorial entities with the necessary innovative models and modern successful practices to achieve the objectives set by the central government. For example, the creation of a favorable investment climate and the development of new innovative industries remain, to a large extent, a problem for the Governors and their teams. Regional governments should address the issues of creating new jobs (combating unemployment), social, infrastructural, environmental problems, and many other tasks that are important for the sustainable development of the Territorial entities.
In each country, each Governor with his team fights for a better life for its citizens - voters, creating new and more modern technological models of development and management, making mistakes, correcting them, and achieving goals.
In many respects, the goals, objectives, and approaches for solving them are similar in the territorial entities. But how to reduce time and financial costs using new breakthrough development and management technologies that have already been successfully implemented by other Territorial entities?
The Global Initiative for Territorial Entities is designed to answer this and many other questions.
1. The creation of a supranational innovation Global Governors Platform for Sustainable Development Territorial entities in different countries of the world provides for the organization and regular holding of the Global Governors Summit;
2. Thousands of international forums are held in the world, but there is not a single Global one that has an emphasis on the development of Territorial Entities in different countries of the world, uniting the Governors and governor’s teams from around the world. The Global Initiative proposes holding the World Forum of Territorial Entities on a regular basis.
3. Hundreds of international awards are held in the world annually, but none focuses on promoting sustainable development of the Territorial Entities and awarding the Governors and governor’s teams for the best world practices in the management and development of the Territorial Entities. It is necessary to stimulate the activity of Business and reward, within the Global Governors Platform, international and national corporations, and companies for significant contribution to the development of Territorial Entities. The Global Initiative for Territorial Entities proposes a Global Award for Sustainable Development.
4. Technological and innovative development is a priority and engine of world development, but we have not yet put innovative science in the service of the Territorial Entities, Governors, and governor’s teams. Over the years, scientific advances in the field of Artificial Intelligence have been developing. This innovation should be in the service of territorial entities. Then the Territories will be able to receive high-tech assistance, reduce time and financial costs, using new breakthrough development and management technologies introduced already in Territorial Entities of other countries of the world.
To achieve this goal, the Global Initiative forms the Global Governors Intellectual Space and develops Artificial Intelligence for Territorial Entities (AITE).
5. International statistical reporting is given in uniform international standards only at the States level. At the level of Territorial Entities, it does not fall under the general international standards and requirements. To solve this problem, a Statistical Committee of the Global Initiative for Territorial Entities has been created.
6. The objectives of the development of Territorial Entities in different countries of the world, to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals, are not raised at a high international level.
For more than 70 years, issues related to human settlements have been addressed at the level of the United Nations. The UN-Habitat Program has demonstrated its effectiveness. Thanks to this UN Program, localities of different countries of the world received an impulse for the cultural, social, economic development of cities and localities.
7. International and global media, the editorial policy of which is aimed at covering the activities of the Governors and their teams from different countries and issues of sustainable development of the Territorial Entities, have not been created in the world before. Achieving sustainable development of Territorial Entities will be more dynamic with regular coverage of innovative and effective practices and methods of development and management of Territorial Entities in different countries of the world. Governors can know each other, read about each other, share with each other unique experiences and successful practices.
Governors are a huge and influential World Elite, which is not given sufficient attention and coverage at the world level. The Global Initiative for Territorial Entities sees the need for the development and popularization of this topic.
The Global Governors Media Space is being formed, which includes the following Tools: Governors News, GOVERNORS NEWSWEEK, Governors of the World, World Economic Journal, and others that facilitate the exchange of innovative, high-tech, and modern practices in the management and development of Territorial Entities around the world, combining and translating experience in these areas to achieve the UN SDGs.
The Global Initiative for Territorial Entities provides an opportunity to unite more than two thousand Governors, Heads of Territorial Entities and their enormous experience to share best and innovative practices (methods) of development and management of Territorial Entities to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals.